Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/01/13

Running &  diet

Hi there, I have (very) recently started walking with the aim to be able to run soon. This is mainly for fitness but I would like to lose some excess weight as well. I can' t find alot of info on eating and execising. Should I eat before exercising and after and what shoudl I have? (I do it early in the morning and go for around 30minutes three times a week to start out with). Do you have any advice please? Thanks!

Dear Mary
Congratulations on this excellent change in your lifestyle. Walking is still one of the very best ways of getting fit, improving your circulation and losing weight. I have written many articles on the subject of diets for sportsmen and women. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read articles 4, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 46 to obtain answers to your questions. There is also info on the Fitness site. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition'.
Enjoy your walking

1

Dear Mary
Enjoy your walking