Question
Posted by: Moringa | 2010/02/25

Running &  breathing

I run out of breath quickly when running. What is the proper way of breathing when running and how can I make my legs lighter when I run.

Hi Moringa

How long have you been running? It's not unusual to be out of breath and feel heavy-legged when you are running if you're relatively new at it.

The short answer to both questions is to get fitter. It's the only way to improve both breathing and legs, get your body used to running. There are no magic formulas, which is the beauty of running. So it's just a question of practice, time and discipline and in a month or two, you'll be looking back at yourself wondering what the fuss was about!