Question
Posted by: Liz | 2011/06/10

Running

I started a running progamme yesterday, very beginner. How long before Isee results?

Hi Liz

Almost instantly, if the results you're looking at are fitness. If you are looking for results in your body mass, then it may take longer, because that takes time - you have to get fit enough to burn energy to lose weight, you have to also see muscle mass go up, fat mass come down, and that can obviously affect overall mass.

So my advice is concentrate on fitness. It's far more important and also responds quicker. You'll notice that your fitness is improving within a week, and that should be great encouragement to continue. If you get fitter, you get faster, you run further, or for longer and all of this adds up to better results in health and weight loss, so that's ultimately what you want.

But you only worry about getting fitter at first.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/06/22

Hi Liz

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc