Question
Posted by: choco | 2009/11/25

running

I am running 5 times a week for 30mins. Will i need to increase this time and i also feel very hungry after running.
I am running in the evenings. On a healthy eating plan.
Need to lose 15kgs.
No bread eat only basmathi brown or normal brown rice.
Is this okay.

Hi Choco

It depends what you want from your running. If you want to run a 10km race, or get fitter, then yes. if your goal is only to lose weight, then probably, but you can also add other kinds of exercise and achieve the same thing, so that you run 30 minutes, but do 20 minutes of other training.

My advice, from a practical point of view, is to find a goal that you can aim for (not weight loss), and then train for it. Say a 10km race, in January. Then spend the next 5 weeks building up, getting better and fitter for running and by January, if your diet is good, the weight will have taken care of itself.

I don't think the diet is good - I'm always put off when people have cut out entire food groups. It's a big change, and often indicative of some other aspects of the diet that are also not conducive to overall results. So I'd question the diet, where you got it, and whether it is in fact supporting your weight loss goals and exercise plan.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/25

Hi Choco

Reply to fitnessdoc