Question

Runners elbow??

I have started running and at the weekend went for a nice long one but i had to stop because my elbow was huritng. Is this normal? What could it be from?
I sometimes get it when i do certain exercises with weights too.
Tks

Never heard of runner's elbow, I must be honest. Unless you have a nerve that is pinched and maybe holding your elbow in the bent position is the cause of pain. But it's not something I've heard of before.

Doing weight work is more common for elbow injuries to occur, because then you're actually loading the elbow. Perhaps your weight work has caused a problem that running brings out as a result of your bent elbow. Difficult to say. There are a couple of elbow conditions - golfer's elbow is one, tennis elbow is another, both are caused by excessive loading on the tendons that connect at the elbow. Treatment involves rest and strengthening those tendons by doing wrist exercises - lifting weights at the wrist would help, possibly.

however, this is all conjecture andif the problem persists, then I'd consider seeing someone about it, to have it properly diagnosed.