Posted by: tom | 2009-05-13

run time

in a weeks time i have to run 1125m in 5 mins to get into a rugby college i did the run on saturday in 4:32 mins will the run time stay roughly 4:30 does this garuntee ill pass, i used to do 15 mins cardio in the gym 3 times a week but now i have brought it down to 10, is this enough surely i dont need to do that much more training with one week to go when i completed it in 4:30

Hi Tom

There are no guarantees. But if you can do the run 30 seconds faster than is required, then it would take a pretty big underperformance not to qualify.

So you have quite a large reserve and it shouldn't be a problem to crack 5 minutes. But, as I say, no guarantees. Just make sure you're rested and ready. Don't try train now and start tired.

I'm sure you'll make it.