Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-03-20

My life so full of rules, my BMI is normal i look younger for my years, nice job but still i strive for perfection and that makes me unhappy and tired. I am so uptight all the time. My hormones are a mess been bleeding for a month. i just want to relax and be happy. Going to library after work to get CBT help books and read up. Therapy too expensive at the moment. Also going to start new hobbies, do yoga take up essential oils just to help myself. Any other tips? Stop being so hard on myself.

Strive for good. Perfection can arrive more slowly. Keep CBTing, even if on your own at first. COntinue pracising to like yourself and enjoy yourself --- we do.
And OWN those healthy rules, so its a way you do what you need to do, rather than seeing this as someone else's rules you somwhow have to follow. They're your way of achieving ood things for yourself.

Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-03-20

Thank EPANDA that really helps it does stem out of childhood my dads a perfectionist, going to do CBT AND try to relax otherwise i am going to burn out.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: ElectricPanda | 2009-03-20

I am the same and i know how exhausting it is. I can never truly relax. I dont even know how to. Even while laying down my feet and legs and restless. Almost like I cant ever stand still. Always on the run from who knows what. I always try and be the smartest and best looking and it wears you out. Like you' re seeking approval. Maybe it stems from childhood, I dont know. I guess I fear if I' m not perfect then I wouldnt be liked or be able to offer anything since that is all I have. I dont have any advice since I deal with the same things. But at least you' re not alone

Reply to ElectricPanda