Ruined my career?

I changed career paths 6 months ago. I was in my new job for 5 months and they were very happy with me. I was unhappy most days though and felt it was just not the right place for me. I then resigned without having another job to go to. I have since been diagnosed with depression and anxiety attacks. I am now on medication and feeling better and looking for a new job. But how do I explain leaving the last job without souding like a "  flake"  ? I am a realy hard worker and all my references are excellent, but worried now as Im not getting any responses to positions Iv applied for. All I want to do now is find the "  right"  place where I fit in and can buckle down. Should I be honest in my CV and say " Resigned due to health reasons that are now sorted out" ? Or do I just say it was the wrong place for me? Some advise would be great. Thanks.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Unfortunately you cannot blame your past employer for the resignation. It sounds like you were just unhappy at work.

It is suggested that you merely put 'resigned'. Do not state health reasons as that will just create further problems for you.