Question

Ruined my career?

I changed career paths 6 months ago. I was in my new job for 5 months and they were very happy with me. I was unhappy most days though and felt it was just not the right place for me. I then resigned without having another job to go to. I have since been diagnosed with depression and anxiety attacks. I am now on medication and looking for a new job. But how do I explain leaving the last job without souding like a " flake" ? I am a realy hard worker and all my references are excellent, but worried now as Im not getting any responses to positions Iv applied for. All I want to do now is find the " right"  place where I fit in and can buckle down. Some advise would be great. Thanks.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

I always advise never to leave a job without securing a new position.
This clearly does not,now,help you.
At this time I would continue to pursue applying for positions,go through the process. Be honest with a prospective new employer that you left the last job because it did not meet all your requirements. Be cautious in volunteering info re your depression - unless the nature of the job demands this disclosure- as it may sabotage any prospects of a new position. Good luck!