Posted by: Lulu | 2008-12-07

Het rugoperasie (fusie L5-S1) gehad 17 jaar gelede op 22 jarige ouderdom. Sukkel die laaste paar jaar weer konstant met lae rugpyn en pyn en lamheid in my linkerbeen. Kry 1 x per maand fisio en oefen op vibrasie masjien en probeer baie stap. Pyn raak nie beter. Wat kan ek nog doen? Is die vibrasie masjien goed (my fisio het dit aanbeveel en oefenprogram uitgewerk)?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Lulu,
You need to consider posture(sitting and standing), Desk setup, hydration, avoidance of caffiene, appropriate exercise and a great many things to manage your chronic history.

Read the december edition of natural medicine which features osteopathic management of back pain.

Ultimately you need to see an osteopath For more information on osteopathy visit

Motion through your body is essential which is essentially what vibration machine is trying to achieve but treatment needs to be progressive and this method is not otherwise you wouldn't be seeking answers elsewhere.

Aerobic exercise is important but so is appropriate stretching.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath