rugby and teenagers

My son is 14 but extremely tall...not bulky.he has a size 10 shoe and wears adult small/medium clothing!He has just started rugby and I' m very concerned. i don' t want to tell him not to play, but what nutrition does he need in order to prevent as many injuries as possible and ensure he is at optimum health for the game

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Mom

Glad that you are concerned about your child!
To give proper advice for a huge question like this usually takes at least an hour therefore you will appreciate that I rather direct you to purchasing the book EATING FOR SPORT by Sally Meltzer which will precisely answer all your questions and you can do so in your own time and pace.

Good luck and take care.