Question
Posted by: Rohit | 2010/01/11

Rude younger brother

Good-day,

I have a 15 year brother who has no manners for my and his mother.Although he does have manners for my and his father.He speaks to my mother in a disrespectful way and does not even think of saying sorry.For example the other day my brother got a new phone.When we got home my mom opened the plastic of the phone and he barked at her saying why are you opening my phone,if it was your phone you would have let me open it.And when we tell him that he has no manners he says stop telling me what to do.How does one deal with a rude younger brother and will he supass this stage or what

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Rohit,

this is quite common in the mid stages of adolescence when young people are trying to find their voice and also testing the boundaries at home. However, this does not mean he should be disrespectful to your mother, and the best plan would be for your parents to present a united front and consider consequences when he is rude. Finding your individuality is a learning process, but so is developing respect for others.

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/01/13

it will just get worse! spank his a s s real dam good whenever he speaks like that again! he aint to old to get punished

Reply to anon
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/01/13

Hi Rohit,

Reply to Teen expert