Question

Rude husband, Maria, please give input

Any suggestions, referrals, and professional input will be appreciated.

Well, I have the problem, my damn husband is so-so rude I simple had enough, and need to do something about it.
It’ s not enough reason to walk away, I simply have to do something.I want him to respect me more, then again I can take a horse to the water, but cant force him to drink
Married for 3 years, no kids as yet, but trying for a baby. I can’ t see myself living like this for the next 5 or even 2 years.
He always swears at me, sometimes for no apparent reason.
likes me to feel small.
My baby sister, 12 years stays with us, and he doesn’ t even think twice to swear my in front of her. He is normally a moody person, but I can’ t take the swearing anymore.
He always apologies, but simply does it again the next day.
Like CS once said, Forgivingness ought 2 be earned by repentance and change behaviour, there no pint in continuing 2 forgive him.
He goes to church, and calls himself a believer. Well I just clueless as to what to do. He’ s not a bad person, just the swearing that’ s getting to me.
Will probably have to go for marriage counselling, but until then, I need a way to deal with him once and for all.

Many thanks

If he claims to be a believer and goes to church, could you talk with the minister ( whatever) of your church, and then arrange for him to meet the pair of you and discuss this issue ? Marriage counselling would help, IF he would sincerely work with it. Have you tried ignoring the swearing in the sense of just walking away from him when he does it, and ignoring him, and switching to paying attention to him and being agreeable when he does NOT swear, thus encouraging him not to swear ?

1
Posted by: Maria | 2008/10/24

Hi Anon,

For starters I would say please stop trying to get pregnant and use some sort of birth control. Having a baby will only make the situation worse, and you could end up being a single parent.

Does your husband only behave this way towards you or does he treat others the same way? Has it always been this way?

Otherwise I can only agree with CS' s suggestions.

Take care

Reply to Maria