Question
Posted by: Chloe - post 859 | 2011/08/25

Rude Dog

Hi Cybershrink

OK I had a damn good laugh and you are uber witty with a good sense of humour - me too!

The thing is that you are correct.

It is just very difficult to put up with his constant whining and he tells me that his BP is through the roof this morning.

I told him that I have lost partial hearing in my left ear from stress which is true as I saw the Doctor last night.

So it is in fact more serious.

I never thought he has a fragile ego as he comes across as anything but. But you are right he does do everything by the book and laps up praise.

I am a lot more light-hearted and cheeky - I guess that is how I have put up with it for so long.

However I do not want to go deaf and the GP told me this is a sign of very extreme stress.

Pleased to hear you felt cheered. But do, please recognise that a good deal of the stress is due to your accepting his invitation to be stressed, your interpretation of his barking as a personal insult, even as though it had been earned by you.
So when he barks, picture that doggie yapping, and wonder whether he needs a little Bob Martins in his tea. You don't have to take him seriously. People with a fragile ego often don't seem like it - because they have perfected the technique of looking and sounding fierce and confident, and brilliantly manage to transfer the insecurity and nervousness onto you. Refuse to take delivery

1