Posted by: K | 2009-10-04

Rubella-like rash

After a day at the beach yesterday I developed a rash on my chest and back that looked like a rubella rash and not like the pictures i have found of heat or sweat rash. This morning the rash is gone. It did not really itch and I have no other symptoms but I have read that many people who have rubella will not even know that they have it. My primary concern is infecting others  should I be tested or take any action? What else could the rash have been?

If you are concerned, I suggest that you should consult your doctor for blood tests. Rubella will cause a rash that will last for at least a week and in the light of this, it is not likely to be rubella but most probably a heat rash.