Question
Posted by: hopeful mom | 2008/12/08

Rubella

Hi doctor
I am wanting to fall preg and never developed an immunity to rubella as a child so i' ve recently been to have the vaccination as i know exposure to german measles when preg is dangerous.
question is, i want to conceive and have just gone off the pill (and then i remembered that i' d better have the vaccination). is it dangerous to try conceive now? someone told me i have to wait 3 months, which means going back on the pill...
what is your recommendation?
what could be risks if i fall preg sooner than the 3 months?
thanks

You should wait 3 months, else the effects would be the same as if you had rubella in pregnany.