Question
Posted by: 14 weeks | 2008/08/28

rubella

hello all,i went to get my bloodtests and the rest were good accept for the one that came out positive for rubella.pls advise urgently.my doc said that my baby could come out with abnoramlities whilst on the internet,it says if you are positive of this,it means u have antibodies and are immune to it and negatibe would mean you not immune and therefore can contract it and be harmfull to your unborn baby.someone please advise urgently,im dying here.

There are two types of rubella test. The one indicates that you are immune, the other indicates recent infection. Ask your doctor to interpret your results for you.

2
Posted by: Tasha | 2008/08/29

There are 2 tests they must do 1 to see if you have the virus and 1 to see if you have antibodies for the Virus. If you have anti bodies then you already had it and there is no threat to you or your baby.

You will know if you have German measels if you do not have it then please do not worry about it.

Reply to Tasha
Posted by: CE | 2008/08/28

Hi there,
I also got my blood tests back today and mine tested positive for chickenpox/german measles. My gynae explained to me that if i need to come into contact with someone who has the illness, then i' ll just have to get an injection beforehand to prevent me from getting it.
Its not safe for your baby if you do get it during your pregnancy, but atleast you know now, so you can be cautious if ever in the presence of someone who has the illness, or atleast stay away from someone who you know has it.
 -)

Reply to CE