Question
Posted by: Lesa | 2010/04/14

rubbing alcohol to kill skin bacteria?

Hi pharm I am usually troubled by underarm odour. I keep seeing this thing called rubbing alcohol in pharmacies, what is it actually for? Is it true you can rub it onto yr armpits to kill bacteria? Sometimes I feel roll-ons don''t do the job properly, unless they are in the ''super'' category like Mitchum and Perspirex. I shower twice daily with anti-bacterial soap and wash my armpits again at lunchtime, but still am not convinced I don''t have a problem.

thanks pls advise on the uses of rubbing alcohol in case I can work it into my routine

Expert ImagePharmacist

Rubbing alcohol is a form of alcohol used as disinfectant and can be applied to the skin. It will indeed have an antibacterial effect.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/04/15

Reply to pharmacist