Question
Posted by: shelley | 2012/06/07

Roxithromycin 150mg

I have been prescribed roxithromycin 1 x 150mg tablet x 2 per day for bronchitis. I am terrified to take it as one of the side effects is nausea and or vomiting and I have severe panic attacks when I get nausea. My doctor did prescribe Lancap along with it to help with acid but not with nausea

What can I do to reduce the nausea I might feel from taking this?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Shelly

Unfortunately with this, as with many other antibiotics, some of the most common side effects are gastrointestinal which may include nausea. For treating the nausea you may benefit from some cyclizine (i.e. nauzine or valoid) - also try taking it about 2 hours AFTER a meal.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/06/08

Hi Shelly

Reply to pharmacist