Posted by: bibi | 2009-02-06

roux en y surgery

I am morbid obese, take medication for hyperthyroidism, hypertension, thrombosis (NOT DVT) type 2 diabetes, iron supplements, anxiety/panic attacks and depression. I have heard of the above bypass laparoscopic surgery and am wondering research on internet it is mentioned about the diabetes, thyroidism, hypertension, but I cannot find anything about the thrombosis, iron, depression etc and wondered if you can tell me if one can still consider this surgery especially if one has thrombosis...your comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks Bibi

Dear Bibi

Thank you for visiting

I strongly recommend that you discuss this procedure with a qualified surgeon, as this procedure has major complications. I suggest that you go on a very low kilojoule diet and consult a personal trainer for rigorous exercise. This is the hard way but the safest and will have tremendous positive effects on your diabetes, as well as your depression and anxiety.

Kind regards