Question
Posted by: Y | 2008/07/12

Round ligament - pregnancy

Hi Dr

I just found out I am pregnant again - 3rd time. The bloodtest confirmed about 3 weeks. After the initial shock, I am now excited.

However in my 2nd pregnancy I had extreme pain and discomfort in my groin area and my gynea explained that possibly my round ligament has "dropped" and does not give enough support to the uterus. This she said is likely to become worse with every following pregnancy. I really want to enjoy this pregnancy, but with this in mind, I am scared.

Is there something that can help for this? The pain got so bad that I could not walk or turn over in bed, and I really dont want to go through that again,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to prevent this. It will not necessarily happen again though. Wait and see.