Question
Posted by: Caroline Mckeen | 2012/10/15

Rouleau

Hi there, my 3 and half year old child has got a bad blood condition called Rouleau can you recommend an eating plan to reduce this. The problem is compounded by the fact that he is a fussy eater he will not eat veggies and the only fruit he has is bananas and apples rgds Caroline PS he is on special minerals to reduce it

Dear Caroline
I am sorry to hear that your 3 1/2 year-old son has a bad blood condition such as Rouleau. Now the latter condition can be caused by such a wide variety of factors (genetics, inflammation, excess protein intake, dehydration, etc), that you will have to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with a specific diet for your lad. The problem is that the cause of the Rouleau will determine what type of diet he requires. Compounding the problem is the fact that your son is so young and needs a well balanced diet to promote normal healthy, growth. The dietitian will have to compile an individual diet prescription for your son. Please take all the medical data (blood test results, a letter from your medical dr, etc) along when you consult the dietitian.

1

Dear Caroline