Question
Posted by: Depro | 2010/04/04

Rough time

Hi doc I was on Lamictin for my epilepsy and i found that it helped alot with my mood. I am currently going through a very rough time as i had a baby in October , got married in November , a death in the family in December , back to work in Feb and now the cherry on the cake I am getting Divorced. I am thinking of asking my neurologist to prescribe it again but not for my epilesy but for for mild depression. Will it work or should I go on to an anti depressant , which one will have less side effects?

Yes. Lamictin was originally developed to treat epilepsy, and was later found to ge useful in managing some types of depression, including Bipolar Disorder. Before deciding how to treat yourself, you should ideally first see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment and then a discussion of treatment options. Drugs are not in themselves useful for dealing with psycho-social problems. TO be married in November and divorced less than 6 months later suggests problems that need attention, such as from a CBT-oriented therapist, but not chemicals as such

2
Posted by: depro | 2010/04/05

thanks doc but, my husband wanted to get married in november , we arranged the wedding in three weeks, now he wants a divorce and has given me 10 days in which to react, could he be bi polar because i cant understand how someone can make such drastic decisions in such a short space of time.

Reply to depro