Question
Posted by: Cherie | 2012/03/06

Rottweiler

I am looking after my sisters female Rottweiler for her, she is about 6 / 7 years old and she has started to cry every time she stands up after she has been lying still for a few minutes, but she seems fine if she has been active for a few minutes and does not seem to be in pain when she is running around or playing with her ball. I am not sure if it is arthritis or a hip problem, which I believe can be quite common in the Rottweiler breed. What would you recommend for me to do for her, it is really bothering me that she seems to be in pain.

Hi Cherie

I think that it is important to diagnose what the problem is with the use of X-rays etc. From this the clinician can best tailor the treatment be that the administration of dietary supplements/pharmaceuticals/homeopathy/surgery.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

2
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/03/13

Hi Cherie

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: tania | 2012/03/09

Rottie is now middle aged - suggest a thorough check up by the Vet to check hips and possible arthritis. Once this is done, and Vet has a clear picture, much can be done to make the dog comfortable, and enjoy life.

Reply to tania