Question
Posted by: Sahara | 2009/09/02

Roti-indian bread

Please can you tell me if these are high in calories as i have no idea how to calculate.so plz tel me,are they fattening? They are made like so:2 cups flour,tblsp oil,pinch of salt,boiling water2mk dough.then itr rolled n cooked on a hot frying pan.

Dear Sahara
According to the SA Food Tables, roti made with hard margarine contains 2208 kJ/100g, roti made with sunflower oil contains 2497 kJ/100g and roti made with butter contains 2201 kJ per 100g. Weigh how much roti you eat and then calculate the amount of energy you ingest: weight of roti you eat divided by 100 x energy value listed above.