Posted by: Sasha | 2010-01-22

Rotator cuff syndrom and impingement

Hi. I am 25 years old and have participated in sport all my life - horse riding, vaulting, rowing and paddling in the past, and boxing, swimming and running more recently. I went to a specialist because my left shoulder started hurting on rotation or just lifting. I have now had three quartazone injections. My specialist says that the next step is MRI and maybe an opp. I dont want to go that route though. Is there anything else you would recommend (besides rehab exercises which i am doing) like accupunctiure or something...anything....

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Sasha,

the best next step is to make sure what the diagnosis is : MRI could help with that but most shoulder specialists would have at least an idea what the problem is and suggest what the most reasonable solution is. Maybe get a second opinion :which area do you live and i could make suggestions. Also look at our website: and specifically at "Shoulder Pain" and see if you recognise your symptoms there

Dr Joe de Beer