Question
Posted by: Shelly | 2010/04/09

Rosecea

I am 46 years old have Rosecea, my Dermatologiast put me on Doxycl 100mg for 2 mnths, and I need to continue for another 3 months. My skin has been fine for 2 years and all of a sudden the Rosecea came out once we came back from the coast in Dec. I am on a basic treatment of a products made in France for reddness of the skin a cream (not a lotion) that you buy at the local chemist. I am using that as a day and night cream, I am just concerned that it is not sufficient as I feel at this age I need an anti ageing range of some sort, but with my face being so senstivie I am too scared to try anything again.. Is there not a product made in South Africa for our climate that is suitable for rosecea. I am going to a pharmacy group for low level laser.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Shelly, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have just been attending the world anti-ageing congress in Monte Carlo.

I would consider looking at the NeoStrata, Environ, and Nimue ranges (or similar) and ask for products that are specifically non camedogenic (acne causing) and that are indicated for Rosacea.
This will combine your needs of not stimulating the Rosacea and supplying the skin it’s ‘anti-ageing’ needs. My suggestion is to ask for samples so that you can try the topicals before investing in the products.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/14

Reply to anti-ageing expert