Question
Posted by: liezel | 2011/11/15

Rosacea dieet

I was diagnosed with Rosacea in the early stages. Doctor told me to change dieet, I don''t know where to start. Can you please help me?

Dear Liezel
Any drink or food that causes so-called vasodilation (widening of the blood vessels, esp the tiny blood vessels or capillaries in the skin of the face), should be avoided. Foods that cause vasodilation are spices like chilli, curry, etc and foods made with such spices. Alcohol in all its forms is the major beverage that causes vasodilation. These foods and all alcohol do not cause Rosacea or make it worse, but they will cause increased flushing of the affected areas. The avoidance of these foods and all alcohol will also not cure Rosacea. I would recommend that you consult a Dermatologist as there are treatments (laser treatment and/or medications) that can help patients with this condition.

1

Dear Liezel