Question
Posted by: judy | 2012/02/20

rosacea

I have rosacea on my nose. It has been treated with antibiotic tablets, creams etc.
Nohting works and it is highly embarrassing to have this blob of red with the (pupilla??) red pimply things that stick out of the red blob. Is there anything I can do to heal my skin on my nose and look better?
thanks

josie

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Judy, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the area before deciding on the best treatment options. Your best approach would be to consult with a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who has a special interest in Rosacea.

Rosacea is characterised by increased redness (flushing) typically of the nose and/or cheek areas and this is typically associated with pustules or papules. Treatment should be seen as a management as with some Rosacea sufferers cure is not possible. The antibiotics used in Rosacea include minocycline (100mg daily) or tetracycline (500 mg daily) but low dose Roaccutane has also been used to reduce the appearance of the papules.
Further treatments include glycolic acid peels and laser vein removal (the gold standard is the V-Beam) to reduce the appearance of the redness and even to help reduce the appearance of the papules. It is vital to avoid sun exposure and applying any form of steroid cream on the affected areas.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/02/25

Hi Judy, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert