Question
Posted by: Graeme Flint | 2011-03-28

Rosacea

I have had cronic Rosacea on my forehead &  cheeks for about 3 years and no creams or antibiotics seem to help - is there any other trweatment I can try?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Graeme, thank you for the question.

Rosacea may be difficult to treat and typically is associated with intense redness of the areas involved (almost like one is blushing) after a hot bath, exercise, alcohol, and spicy foods, etc. and in some sufferers acne like lesions may also be found.

Typically the treatment options you listed helps with the acne lesions and not the redness (superficial veins).
If it is the redness that concerns you then the best treatment option is laser vein removal (and my suggestion is the V-Beam) however one can get good improvement with good quality IPL machines. If the acne lesions are your main concern then I would consult a dermatologist and discuss the use of low dose Roaccutane to help clear and control the lesions.
Ultimately one should see treatment as controlling Rosacea rather than curing it.