Posted by: fRUSTRATED | 2008-12-08

i let a friend of mine move in with me 6 months ago. i got her a job, gave her a roof over her head and even introduced her to all my friends. a week ago it emerged that she has been telling everyone who will listen bad things about me including our collegues at work. i have spoken to her on numerous occassions about this and she has sworn to stop. this last time was the last straw though.... i told her to pack her stuff and leave. she has since left but is still bad mouthing me to who ever wll listen. i am at my wots end!!!!!! i have done nothing to her and when i asked her why she had done what she had done, she told me she was on earth does that have anything to do with me? because of her i have lost all faith in the people around me cos i have no idea who i can trust and who i can' t trust. i also have no idea what to do about her....please help!!!!!!

Tell her to move out, She has a job and can afford her own place, and make it clear that her telling nasty stories about you is losy manners and unfair, and unacceptable. Now that yopu have wisely pushed her out, ignore her and move on with your own life, without giving her so much power to upset you

Posted by: piglet | 2008-12-09

I agree jsut cut her off I have also had a user friend who did that even though she didn' t bad mouth me I just cut her out of my life deleted her email address and her cell no good luck

Reply to piglet
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008-12-09

I think it was one of OJ Simpson' s l awyers who said something like, at the end of a crisis, what you have left is your behavior during it. Hold your head up high - you acted with kindness and dignity and in the end her behaviour will speak for her, as yours will speak for you. And if someone looks at you badly, you could try and say, has < ex-roommate>  been bad-mouthing me again? - and this will bring the issue out?

Reply to Kay in Gtown