Question
Posted by: Nonno | 2009/11/08

Roler Coaster

I am 32 with HIV+ husband and I am negative he is financially strained and does not ecxite me anymore. more than a year ago I had an affair at work that he does not know about but it ended and I can not forgive myself and am always thinking everyone thinks I am a slut this torments me and I regret the affair. I but sometimes find myself thinking of the man I cheated with even thou he is with someone else. I have asked husband for a divorce but have no strength to go through with it. I am sad and confused.

Its understandable that you regret having had the affair - but being so unforgiving towards yourself about it doesn't benefit you or your husband. Wouldn't some counselling help you to mclarify your thinking and be more sure both of what you want ( for yourself and for him ) and how to achieve that ?

1