Posted by: Bhavz | 2008-10-31

Rock Hard Erections

Subject: RE: Rock Hard Erection
Posted by: Bhavz
Hi Doc,

I will definately try what you have suggested. The problem is I lose it even though I have not ejaculated.

I think its possibly due to needing stimulation. I will continue to try whatever you suggest, as I also end up feeling guilty and anxious to perform. Fortunately for me,my wife understands. However she has said a few times that its a problem which made me feel terrible...

What can i do to increase the blood flow to my penis? Also what can i do to increase my testosterone levels?

Thank you for the guidance though, as I have been trying to find a way to fix this problem for a month

If you are able to maintain your erection for 5 minutes then it sounds as if you are physically healthy. It is likely therefore that you are losing your erection because you are worry about it being hard enough to 'perform'. Think about what would happen if your mother walked in on you having sex - you are likely to loose it in that situation too; what I'm trying to illustrate is that the anxiety and disconnection with the pleasure results in a shutting down of the sexual circuit and therefore loss of the erection. The advice I gave before stands, remain focused on the sensations (i.e. don't watch it, feel it/be 'in' your body rather than thinking about it).

You will get maximum blood flow by doing what I suggest above (and also keeping fit/healthy - fat deposits can be left in and around the blood vessels in the penis and this is reduce blood flow). You would only want to increase testosterone (T) if you had significantly reduced T. T is not linked directly to hardness of erections.

Posted by: A Bit worried | 2009-02-27

Hi there, my boy friend has no problem getting an erection but loses it while we having sex and we have to stop,,why does this happen?

Reply to A Bit worried
Posted by: RP | 2008-11-05

Hey Bhavz. This has happened to me at times too. You know what, its ALL in the mind. I suggest this: when you get aroused, focus on something in your partner that really turns you on, only you know what this is. eg her erect nipples, her moist vagina, her smell, how kuch you love her, whatever. You gotta get your mind into it and should be thinking by that stage - dam! I have to get inside her now! I promsie, there will be no going back.

Reply to RP
Posted by: M | 2008-10-31

" ...What can i do to increase the blood flow to my penis?" 

Exercise man! Get rid of the fat!

Reply to M