Question
Posted by: Mommy to be (oneday?) | 2010/03/13

Road ahead...

Husband tested January 2009 - all normal. I have ovulated last 5 months consequtively on 50mg clomid. (Have progesterone tested every day21 to confirm if ovualtion has occured) Had a laparoscopy on 26/03/2010, dr confirmed both tubes are open, ovaries good, no scarring, did a d& c for good measure. He found minor endometrisosis behind womb which was removed with laser. My husband and i are both 27 years old and neither have had children before. Neither drink nor smoke. What can i do now? Could the endometriosis which my dr found be the reason why i havent fallen pregnant? I would appreciate your valuable input. Kind Regards

Dear Mommy to be

You have done all the necessary investigations and I would believe that your treatment at this stage is adequate. I would recommend that for the next 3-4 months you try naturally and avoid the use of Clomid. The use of ovulation monitoring tests would be a better alternative to the day-21 progesterone as it has more predictive value and will also guide you when your ovulation is likely to occur. This will assist in timing intercourse more accurately. If after 4 months no pregnancy has ensued then you may need to review the likelihood of fertilization failure or some form of embryo related problems, and this is best undertaken by a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/19

Dear Mommy to be

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Oom Piet | 2010/03/15

Hi Mommy to be.

In my experience with infertility endometriosis can cause you to struggle to fall pregnant. The exact amount I am not sure of. Maybe your doctor can give you some medical advice on this point.

How does your husband feel about this? Do you support each other?

Please feel free to email us at infertiliteitatpvrdotcodotza. We have a support group that help couples to handle the stresses around infertility.

Me and my wife were on the same journey and would like to join you on your journey to support you until you have what you long for.

Reply to Oom Piet
Posted by: Oom Piet | 2010/03/15

Hi Mommy to be.

Reply to Oom Piet