Posted by: cindy | 2012-05-30

roacutane vs pregnancy

Hi there!

I have been placed by my doktor on Roacutane 20mg from January 2012 and need to use a one year course as result to a severe acne problem. I am turning 27 this year, and would like to become pregnant only round aboud middle of 2013. But I have heard stories that you need to wait 1 year for it to work out of your system! I thought it would be a month, after your first cycle? Could you please advise on what time would be fine, as I don''t want to risk the chanve of getting an abnormal baby?I also have never been for a pap smeer, could that also give risks?

You should wait for a month after stopping Roaccutane before falling pregnant.
You do need to have pap smears when you become sexully active. This is to screen for cervical cancer.