Question
Posted by: Nick name | 2008/08/23

Roacutane and fat burners

My girlfriend is currently on roacutane, can she take a fat burner pill while on roacutane? (even if it just for a phycological change of mind set) could you recommend a fat burner pill?

Dear Nick Name
I am personally opposed to the use of products like fat burners because they can cause negative side-effects, cost a lot of money and often make no difference at all to weightloss. If your girlfriend is taking Roaccutane she should in any case not take any over-the-counter products that can cause side-effects or interactions. Consult the prescribing doctor about the use of safer diet medications like Xenical, because there is a chance that any one of these may also interfere with the workings of the Roaccutane. To stimulate metabolism the very best and safest answer is to start doing 30 or min of aerobic exercise every day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) which will promote weightloss.