Question
Posted by: Stressed | 2008/07/01

Roaccutane dosage

Good day Doctor

I've been on Purbac for 2 months for my acne, which did not help much since I still got nasty breakouts on my face, so I decided to go back to the GP today.

She said if that is the case, we should perhaps try Roaccutane, and suggested 40mg a day (20mg in the morning and 20mg in the evening) for a month and then I should go see her again.

Doctor, I would just like to confirm whether the above sounds correct or accurate for my weight of 62 kg, length of 1.73 m and age of 20.

Can you please advise.

Dear Stressed
yes they do start of with a higher dose - just read the leaflet very carefully - there are side effects and you can not fall pregnant as this medication causes misformed babies. It works very well if nothing else helps!
See also http://www.skinspecialist.co.za/Roaccutane_faq.htm

2
Posted by: schmeggs | 2008/07/02

Dear stressed

I was on Rooaccutane when I was fifteen and agaim when i was seventeen - it worked wonders !! I am now 35 and cannot see any evidence of side effects as a result of this medication. I also have 2 very healthy girls, my pregnancies were uncomplicated !!

Reply to schmeggs
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/01

Stressed, I've used Roaccutane for years, it was the only thing that cleared my skin. But if you possibly can, see a dermatologist rather than just a gp. They've done lots of research on the best way to use Roaccutane while minimising side effects, and a dermatologist will be more up to date with this than the gp is. And as CD says, DON'T GET PREGNANT!

Reply to Maria