Question
Posted by: mowzy | 2010/01/13

roaccutane and pregnancy

i took roaccutane (in fact i took the generic think it was called oratane) for 1 month from Mid november-mid december 2009. I want to start trying for a baby. Is this safe? will the baby not be affected by this drug?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Mowsy

Although the literature suggests that a one month break would be enough, most doctors suggest a 3 month period before falling pregnant - "Just to be safe."

All the best!

3
Posted by: Tammy Venter | 2010/05/10

I stopped taking Oratane in mid-December 2009 - is 6 months a safe waiting period to try to fall pregnant?

Reply to Tammy Venter
Posted by: Tsholo | 2010/01/15

Also on Acnetane this month is my last box, been on it for 8mths so how long must I wait before I can have a baby, pls help me pls

Reply to Tsholo
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/01/14

Hi Mowsy

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist