Question
Posted by: Meg | 2010/05/02

Roaccutane &  Pregnancy

Hi Gynae Doc.

I was recently on roaccutane &  completed my 5 months course 3 weeks ago. I was advised my derm doc that the waiting period for pregnancy is 1 month but she suggest 2 months.

My Husband &  I are anxious to start a family, we are well aware of our waiting period &  are following the derm doc''s advice. However I am still nervous, specially after reading up on the internet regarding how long to wait etc. I am currently on a detox and staying away from all medicaiton, to get my system clean.

Could you however please advise me if there is anyway other way that I can clean my system of the roaccutane as well as any tests that I could do to test for the roaccutane.

The last thing we want to do is take a huge risk when it comes to our child.

I thank you for you assistance.

Meg

There are no tests that you can do and no way of detoxing. Just follow your doctor's advice about the waiting period.

1