Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2011/06/06

Rivotril and side effects

I am on Rivotril since July 2009. I don''t know if it is related to the medicine or not, but my parents told me that they noticed a change in my behaviour since taking this medication. I know that my " personality"  changed but I can''t remember since when. I am anxious (not all the time) and become very aggressive within seconds. I am not sure if the medicine is to blame, but I know that I am having temper problems. I try to stay calm, but then something just snaps inside of me and I can''t help being aggressive in the way I speak or even act. Please help me?

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

All pharmaceutical drugs have side effects. The side effects you mentioned are not uncommon with this type of drug. If I were you I would trust my instincts. Make an appointment with whomever prescribed the Rivotril and tell them to find an alternative for you. Life is too short to suffer through nasty side-effects when there are other options. Please don't live with it. If, after changing your prescription the aggression continues, you should consider seeing a therapist to get to the source of any other issue that may be causing your aggression.

1
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/06/13

Reply to Behaviour modification