Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2011/06/06

Rivotril

I am on Rivotril since July 2009. I don''t know if it is related to the medicine or not, but my parents told me that they noticed a change in my behaviour since taking this medication. I know that my " personality"  changed but I can''t remember since when. I am anxious (not all the time) and become very aggressive within seconds. I am not sure if the medicine is to blame, but I know that I am having temper problems. I try to stay calm, but then something just snaps inside of me and I can''t help being aggressive in the way I speak or even act. Please help me?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Sam

Changes in behaviour such as aggression, anxiety, agitation, nervousness is a known side-effect of Rivotril. I'd advise discussing this and possible treatment options with your prescribing doctor if you feel that it is getting out of hand.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/06/07

Hi Sam

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist