Question
Posted by: Dad | 2012/10/09

Rittilin

My boy now 10 years and must go on this 10 mg.What can i expect CS????

If ADHD has been properly diatgnosed, preferably by a child psychiatrist or child psychol;ogist, or some paediatricians, ADHD is a well recognized treatment which can bring about useful improvements, as Mom so helpfully describes. It's surely worth trying and seeing how well it suits him. It's a chance for you all, including the boy, to pay attention to quite subtle aspects of how he functions, to look for gradual improvements.

2
Posted by: Mom | 2012/10/09

My boy started on it when he was 6, he is 11 now. The main thing is apetite. He hardly eats when he has taken it. The doctors say it''s one of the normal side effects. He only takes it on school days, so he eats better on weekend. But he is still very skinny. When he started on it he was also a bit more emotional than usual, but that improved over time. He is also more reserved and quiet while it''s still in his system, but after school when it has worn off, he is more " lively" . But the benefit that I see in his school work is amazing. Even his hand-writting improves. Sixes stop being nines and Bs stop being Ds. And the improvement is instant. It is very clear when he forgot to take a pill.

Reply to Mom