Question
Posted by: john | 2011/05/10

ritalin and death

I like ritalin. It helps me focus and do my work. I have been on it for 23 years everyday. Has it damaged my brain. I love the addictive nature of it and it boosts me better than a red bull. I smoke and drink lots of cola drinks with it to give me extra umph!!! What do you have to say about that, The downside is it causes pain in my eyes and terrible anxiety but i want it all the time. I take 100mg a day and I want more. What do you think about that.

Only a specialist psychiatrist or neurologist who carefully assessed your brain functions could comment on whether its functioning well, and if not, on what might have caused any damage.
Sounds like you choose to be dependent on stimulants.

4
Posted by: Woman | 2011/05/11

So you take Ritalin for ADHD? It sounds as if you''ve been playing around with your dosages too, right? And if you need cola or coffee as an extra boost, it means that your body has become used to the Ritalin and it is not effective at the current dosage anymore. But I am sure you know that already. So the question really is whether you want to live as you do now and see all your hard work and progress going down the drain?

Maybe you need to speak to your psychiatrist about experimenting with different combinations of some newer medications that you can use with or instead of Ritalin? Ask about concerta, straterra, wellbutrin.

Also do yourself the favour and google Acetyl-L-Carnatene - a nutritional supplement which has been performing very well in studies.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: just saying! | 2011/05/11

You are talking bull crap, caffeine works against the pill escpecialy cola etc, Ella is right your are looking for attention,ritalin is not the problem you are because you are addicted to ritalin!
Ritalin is not addictive, I am sure you are taking other drugs as well, My son is on concerta and only a special diet is effective and the same with ritalin. cola , smoke and other things you use can enhance the effect ot the pill , it looses it''s effectiveniss, grow up and get help!!!!!!!!

Reply to just saying!
Posted by: Ella | 2011/05/11

I think you just want attention ..

Reply to Ella