Question
Posted by: Gill | 2008/10/22

Ritalin

I was on Ritalin in high school and in varsity, and have been working now for about 3 years without Ritalin. I am struggling to remember things, and I want to go back onto Ritalin. However I am not sure where to go for a prescription. Previous I went to an Educational psychiatrist t. Who would I contact, do I need to see a psychiatrist or a gp ? Also, what is the cost of Ritalin now? Previous my dad’ s medical aid paid for it, however now I an only on a hospital plan.

Dear Gill
You can see a psychiatrist and ask if there are alternative cheaper options, or generic medication you can use.

2
Posted by: Gill | 2008/10/22

Reply to Gill
Posted by: anon | 2008/10/22

You can ask your GP it will be much cheaper than psychiatrist and 20mg Long acting Ritalin is now about R 354 for 30 tabs. You would need a higher dose which may cost more

Reply to anon