Question
Posted by: D | 2008/09/07

Ritalin

When i was a child i was put on Ritalin, but was taken off it very quickly.I struggled throughout my childhood and teens at school and barley scraped through.And even now in my adulthood with my job.I' m in a job that doesn' t come without it' s pressures and, spend my day trying to concentrate to the point of uuter exhaustion.

Can Ritalin help me now, or is there some other medication that can be prescribed for adults.

I' m desperat

Hi g ! As is usually the case, I think what you need forst is to see a good local shrink for a thorough assessment and a proper diagnosis. Effective treatment can only be based on a good diagnosis. Maybe you have adult ADHD, maybe not. Meds might be helpful, as might CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a useful talking treatment. I'm sure you can be helped, but the assessment must come first. If your car started making odd noises under the bonnet, you wouldn't automatically put in more oil --- the problem might not be caused by lack of oil. First, you'd get a good mechanic to assess it and find out what needed to be fixed