Question
Posted by: Cassie | 2011/10/06

RISPERIDONE

I have stop taking Risperidone (2mg) two weeks ago and am feeling fine and coping well. I am taking it with Lorien fluoxetine (20mg) for depression. Is it really necessary to take Risperidone if I am coping without this medication?

I don't know why you were taking Risperidone. Its an excellent drug for schizophrenia or other psychotic illnesses, in which one might stop feeling well if one stopped the medication. Its an absurd drug for anyone to give you to treat depression. Fluoxetine is an antidepressant that has been used for years now, and usually works well. Maybe your doc ( I hope you're seeing a psychiatrist ) thought you also had some anxiety and fancied that should be treated with the Risperdone, though a well-chosen antidepressant usually helps anxiety as well.

1