Posted by: Cymba | 2008-10-30

Risk/Side-effects of Cymbalta 30mg

Hi Cyberdoc

I have been on Cymbalta for almost a month (I feel better emotionally).
I was also taking Stresam 15omg per day until it kicked in (but they made me feel so sick that I stopped them - migraine and weird). I am seeing a Psychiatrist on 27/11 as I was referred by the state psychiatric nurse. Both of them are currently on leave and are not contactable.

The Cymbalta makes me feel a bit strange, like a bit outside of myself I guess light-headed is the right word.
My eyes feel a bit strange, like dry and as if they want to pop out sometimes.
I feel as if I am getting a headache across my forehead but it does not become one.
Is this normal, I hear it can be due to the side-effects.

What worries me is that I seem to sometimes forget/slur my words. Do you think the Cymbalta is too strong for me? or is it just the acute stress I suffered/suffer from.

I used to be on Urbanol and Talomil for acute anxiety developing into panic attacks plus PTS. I have accumulated a lot of anxiety due to ongoing stress i.e. my father committed suicide, then my brother tried to kill himself and so on.

I have had therapy and will be having more.

But, I am afraid that the Cymbalta causes me to have a stroke or something. Also, at R390-00 per 30 its a huge expense. I start the new box in a day or two.

Daily I also take:

Symbicord 4,5 - 4 puffs daily
2 puffs daily of Budeflam Aquenase nasal spray
1 x Altosec

60mg Canthaxanthin antioxidant

If I was a millionaire would you say that Cymbalta is a good drug for post traumatic stress, acute anxiety, maybe a bit of depression?

Dear Cymba
Cymbalta can cause dizziness, headache and dry eyes. There may be cheaper medications that will have the same effect - please discuss with the psychiatrist. What strength are you taking now? You can take 20mg per day if the 40 mg is too strong - but you can't open the capsule and just take half, you have to buy the weaker one. It is a slow release formula so you can't break or chew the capsules.