Posted by: Lee | 2012-11-28

risks of pregnancy and disease of non penetrative sex in the shower

Hi, I''m 18-25, female. No previous sexual history. The partner I''m gonna engage in non-penetrative sex with is my boyfriend. He has no previous sexual history prior to this. I did my research n I know that I can still get herpes infection and genital warts from skin to skin contact in non penetrative sex.
Since its non penetrative sex is a condom still necessary? (to prevent unwanted pregnancy n to prevent STI)
Also If I do not want to use a condom, are there any measures I can take to lessen my chances of getting an STI and unwanted pregnancy?

The only sure protection against STD (STI) is abstinence and the use of a condom can minimize the risk. Non-penetrative sex will most definitely also minimize the risk of pregnancy and engaging in that type of sex in a shower with running water over your bodies will also lessen the possibility of pregnancy. You could consider the use of the pill along with anon-penetrative sex, will make the falling pregnant highly unlikely.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to

Posted by: XXX | 2012-11-29

It is unlikely you will get an STI as you are both new to the " game" ,however,maybe get yourselves checked first.
When you say " non penetrative sex" ,I presume you mean oral sex and bj''s.He does not need to insert his penis in you for you to fall pregnant,that is,if he rubs it against your vagina,he will have pre-cum and this is enough for you to fall pregnant.
Enjoy experimenting and always play safe.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Milla | 2012-11-29

You can''t catch a STD if there is no STD, if you have no sexual history and you believe your boyfriend is being honest about his lack of a sexual history then you can''t catch anything. Someone needs to actually being carrying an STD to pass it on.

If you really want to be safe, go together and get tested beforehand, if you have a piece of paper in your hand that clearly states you are both healthy and free of disease you would feel much more at ease, wouldn''t you? You can also ask the doctor about oral or injection based contraceptives then, to help prevent pregnancy.

That is what I would do, get tested to rule out any worries and go on an oral contraceptive. I have had some bad run-ins with condoms though, can''t imagine that using them in a shower with water flowing around wil make them very reliable.

Reply to Milla