Posted by: cally | 2009-03-09

risk of osteoporosis

Firstly a little background.
My mother has osteoporosis.
I am slim, short, and fair skinned. I have crohns disease, and have been on the following medication for several years now:
azapress (immune suppressive), asacol (anti-inflammatory), frequent courses of high dosage corticosteroids (usually prednisone / meticorten), and humira (tnf blocker).
I have started having problems with my teeth, two of my molars have cracked so badly that they must be extracted, and my teeth have a translucent look to them.
I am very worried about the risk of osteoporosis. Could you please advise.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Cally
You certainly need to have a bone density measurement done as Chrohn's and its medication as well as your family history are all risk factors to develop osteoporosis. You can contact us at the osteoporosis foundation on 021 9317894 if you need some more info after you had the scan done.