Posted by: Ron | 2008-11-27

Ripped EFX

Hi Vanessa,

I would like to know if the following prduct is bad for you.
I have always had the opinion that fat loss supplements are a bit dodgy.

I am considering taking Muscle Science Ripped EFX to get my stomach area leaner.
Below is a list of ingredients in the product....

Thermo-nutrient Enhanced Absorption &  Extended Action Complex
Bioperine® , Piper Nigrum Extract, Naringin (grapefruit extract), Chromium picolinate (supplying 200µ g elemental chromium)

Focus &  Energy Stimulating Blend
L-Tyrosine, Yerba Maté , Guarana Seed Extract, Caffeine

Proprietary Thermogenic Fat Loss Blend
Evodiamine, Citrus Aurantium Extract, Green Tea Extract (Standardised for 95% polyphenols [75 % catechins (45 % epigallocatechin gallate –  45 mg EGCG)] 459 mg

Thyroid Support Complex
Guggulsterone extract (20mg E &  Z from standardised extract), Forslean®  (Coleus forskohlii extract - standardised at 20 % Forskolin)

it calims to " ignite intense energy"  and give you a nice shredded body.

what do you think?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Ron

Yes, faburners are a bit of a crutch! The best way to loose body fat is to reduce your calorie intake for a while bite the bullet and get the results. It is also especially powerful if you omit your evening meal, but I know that is a tall order. You will obviously loose some muscle tissue in the process, but you will quickly rebuild it once you up your calories again – just not more than 15% for the weight you would like to be and obviously also in line with your daily exercise regime.

Now re the product – thanks for the detailed info that helps u huge bit to formulate a reply! Great combination of ingredients – looks like a powerful product – thus give it a go – the proof is in the pudding. None of the ingredients are dangerous, however they are stimulants and thus could increase your blood pressure, and cause gastric sensitivity e.g. heartburn. Also don’t take it late at night as you might not sleep and best to use such product on a cycle basis of a few weeks on and then a few weeks of again otherwise the body just gets used to the buss and eventually you don’t feel the spike anymore.

Happy experimenting and hope you have a great festive season.

Take care

Posted by: Ron | 2008-11-28

thanks vanessa.
I have decided to give it a miss for now, and try loose the excess flab without supps.

I have been taking a mass builder with high carbs, and i think that is why i am getting a bit flabby around the stomach.
I am taking a smaller dosage now so will see how it goes.

i train quite hard but cant seem to get lean again, obviously i am taking in way too much carbs. i also eat pasta like there is no tomorrow.

i actually want to attempt training without a shake for a while and sort out my diet!

Reply to Ron